Linux Systems Administrator
Job ID 7002113
Date posted 05/23/2018
Location Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Schedule Full time
Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Security and Applications Support Engineer / Linux support engineer
Support of Security and Compliance projects to meet Regulatory, Customer and internal requirements for the Micro Focus SaaS Compliance Archiving application (Digital Safe).
Support of user base in resolving incidents with accessing the SaaS Compliance archiving application.
Provide level 1 and 2 support of the User Access and logging control systems for Linux and Windows based systems
Planning & organizing changes within the SaaS Digital Safe environment related to security and compliance regulations projects
Support project managers/engineers in developing, operating and supporting projects to meet Regulatory, Customer and internal security and compliance requirements
Communication to internal customers/teams in relation to security and compliance projects and incidents
Participating in the culture of continual service improvement within the Digital Safe security operations team
Education & experience required:
- System Administration experience supporting Linux and Windows based systems including security related activities to secure and harden Linux and Windows environments
- Strong Scripting skill in one or more of; perl, python or bash/shell
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software as well as scripting problems
- Experience supporting and administering identity management controls for both Linux and Windows, IDM/IPA and Active Directory
- Experience supporting Role Based Access controls to address separation of duties and principal of least privileges
- Experience with user access and logging tools/packages including but not limited to sudo, rsyslog, auditd, kerberos, and ldap
- Experience with patching and hardening Linux and Windows operating systems utilizing standard OS tools including but not limited to yum and HP SA
- Experience with virtualization technologies including Xen, KVM, and VMware
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage self, time and schedule efficiently
- Ideally a Bachelor Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Knowledge & skills in any of the following are an advantage:
- Configuration management tools, chef, SALT Stack.
- Log management tools, ArcSight, Splunk or similar
- Linux or Security certifications.
- Occasional weekend coverage of phones for the UK support resource
EEO Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.