M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship
- Posted by:
- Company Summary:
M+ is a museum dedicated to collecting, exhibiting, and interpreting visual art, design and architecture, moving image, and Hong Kong visual culture of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. In Hong Kong’s West Kowloon Cultural District, we are building one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary visual culture in the world, with a bold ambition to establish ourselves as one of the world’s leading cultural institutions. Our aim is to create a new kind of museum that reflects our unique time and place, a museum that builds on Hong Kong’s historic balance of the local and the international to define a distinctive and innovative voice for Asia’s twenty-first century.
- Date Posted:
04 Jul 2018
- Closing Date:
13 Aug 2018
- Expiration Date:
04 Jul 2019
- How to apply:
Applicants are required to provide:
- A completed application form
- A full curriculum vitae covering education, professional experience, honours, awards, and publications
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional), submitted directly from the referees
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 August 2018.
Please send all application materials digitally and address enquiries to email@example.com.
The following criteria are taken into account when assessing each application:
- Original proposal that expands and reinterprets existing knowledge, or produces new knowledge, of design and architecture in, or with an impact on, Hong Kong and the Greater Pearl River Delta region and/or Asia, within a regional and global context
- Potential for expanding the understanding and scope of the museum’s current and future collections, programming, and curatorial strategies in design and architecture
- Proven ability of the candidate to undertake advanced research
The fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis by a committee comprising representatives from M+ and Design Trust. After the initial screening process, shortlisted candidates will be invited to an in-person or remote interview.
Interviews will be held during summer 2018. The results will be announced in autumn 2018. Applicants not notified within four weeks from the application deadline may assume that their applications were not successful.
- Job Type:
- Job Category:
- Apply Now: