Associate Manager, Engineering – Regional 3rd Party Manufacturing
Job ID 10299
This position is accountable for providing engineering support within Product Supply for the Regional Manufacturing Operation teams that develop, commercialize and launch new and restaged products made at external manufacturers as well as executing engineering projects and providing long range technical planning and strategies for the business.
- Product Supply lead new/restage product teams for assigned projects
- Lead technical assessment supporting suppliers selection process
- Support the drawing up of technical documents necessary to preliminary check manufacturing feasibility and receive quotation
- Lead in determining manufacturing feasibility
- Coordinate activities and plan to finalize Production Line Qualification (PLQ) ensuring follow up with Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Support activities for engineering project and ensure technical support at contract manufacturers.
- Liaise with the technical team to validate process and conduct process capability studies
- Support in trouble shooting processes
- Promote and support lean activities and waste reductions at contract manufacturers
- Interact with regional Marketing Commercialization representatives and relevant regional Product Supply functions.
- Lead the process improvement activities within Regional Global Engineering External manufacturing
- Support skill development within the engineering team
- Availability to travel as needed. (Up to 40%)
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering (mechanical or chemical) or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in CPG/Food and Beverage
- Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing experience with good understanding of manufacturing operations technologies, capabilities and process limitations
- Basic knowledge of the Quality Standards
- Project management or similar Stage gate experience required
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making
- Experience in Microsoft project
- Lean/TPM experience a plus
- Plastic material molding technology experience a plus
- Drive for results and quality oriented
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.