We are a team working on audio, speech and language solutions that revolutionize how people reach out and communicate with each other. Our vision is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use their Alexa devices to connect with family and friends. In May 2017, we launched Alexa Calling and Messaging, and it’s still day 1 for our team. Join us to help shape the future of voice-enabled communication solutions and provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a Voice UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Alexa. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a lead-edge customer-focused solution. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
· Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
· Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
· Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Communicate clearly and think quickly
· 5+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer;
· 1+ years experience in human-computer interaction design in voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
· User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Professional portfolio of voice design.
· Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
· Degree in design or related fields
· Background in script writing, creative writing, or game design is a plus.
· Ability to prototype voice user experiences with readily available tools.
· Ability to write tools to determine patterns in usage data.
· Experience with agile/scrum.
· Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications.
· An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business. communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
· Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer voice products.
· Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation