Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of New Position:
Manufacturing Associates are responsible for raw materials, in- process ware flow, subassemblies, and finished goods used within the cable manufacturing process. This may include UV coloring, stranding, buffering, ribboning, IPQC, jacketing, print/respool, cable repair, shipping/ receiving, and cutting and packaging
- Beginning of shift check with Manufacturing Coordinator regarding assignments and production priorities
- Responsible for assembling shop papers, MI’s and raw materials prior to start up.
- Start up and change overs are per standard operating procedure
- Monitor lines while running to ensure quality product, perform necessary PQA checks to ensure product is manufactured to specification.
- Associates are required to report non conformance
- Ensure work space is 5S ready, clean and orderly
- Associates are expected to know performance metrics and work toward targeted objectives
- May perform weekly associate maintenance.
- Associates should proactively report any equipment issues as soon as they become aware.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures, may occasionally troubleshoot
- Assist RD&E with experiments as requested
- Loading and unloading raw materials.
- Attention to consistent material handling procedures with an awareness of safe material transport according to environmental and hazardous materials protocols
- Receiving materials to stock, storing, issuing raw materials and miscellaneous items for production use while maintaining inventory accuracy using cycle counts and daily transactions.
- Properly label and package reels for shipment to customer.
- Verify QC paper work, barcode and data sheets, with reel tag.
- Physically inspect reel via traverse, damage, and print statement
- Work in a team environment to optimize output of quality product, assist others as necessary, and promote safety awareness
This description is intended to provide general duties and responsibilities and not meant to be an exhaustive inventory of the role. You may be assigned and expected to perform duties not otherwise contained in this description. May be required to acquire fork lift certification
Working Conditions: Good working conditions. Heavy lifting in rare instances typically assisted. Majority of time light lifting is involved. Some exposure to elements of dirt, dust, fumes, and noise, but none disagreeable.
- High School or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Fork lift experience.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of machine capabilities.
Shift: 12 hour rotating shifts, may be day shift or night shift
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.