Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Purpose of Position.
- Responsible of the direction and supervision of the performance of individuals or a team of associates who put together components to make assemblies or process raw materials into finished products in an industrial environment in order to exceed Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Safety goals
- Mention the major responsibilities and tasks of the position.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Focus on delivering changes through people development and management
- Participate on daily Core Team and quality meetings to meet and exceed bussiness unit goals and metrics
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personell;accomplishing work results;establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems;reporting results of processing flow on shift production summaries
- Maintains manufacturing information updated
- Maintains safe culture and clean work in compliance with established policies, procedures, 5’s culture and PBS
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; internal benchmarking.
- Participate with status and improvement plans in daily and weekly meetings and Performance Review of Operations meetings
- Manage vacations, permits and attendance for direct & indirects reports
- Supervise and coordinate the various company programs, 5’s, cost reduction, etc..
- Support Value Stream Map creation and Maintenance
- Point of contact for new product/process introductions to ensure safety, ergonomics, 5’s and productivity goals are met
- Lead and participate on improvement and cost reduction projects
- Assurance of the certification and training of all personnel assigned
- Coordinate daily & monthly PSA inventories activities, keeping track of the discrepancies of PSA inventories (SAP)
- Participate in the TL9000, ISO 14000 audits to keep the certification.
- Contribute in CAPAS documentation, implementation and execution
- Coordinate, participate and reviwe daily, weekly and monthly Onpe pager in molding area, and execute strategy for accomplishes.
- Internal and External Customers.
- Quality department
- Engineering/ Maintenance department
- PEx/Lean department
- Supply Chain department
- Logistic department.
- Other production lines (Where applicable)
- Demand Planners
- Product Line Management (Product Specialist and Coordinator)
- Product Development department
- Personnel Directed.
- Group Leaders
- Data Collectors
- Material Handlers
- Indirects people (auxiliars, programmers)
6. Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
B. Work Experience.
- 3 years of experience in the Manufacturing field (Preferred)
- 3 or more years of experience in leading and/or supervising personnel (Preferred)
- Experience in Molding
- Understanding and experience of Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping (preferred)
- Green Belt Certified (preferred)
- Data driven decision making
- Quality Systems and TPM knowledge
- Basic Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dynamic and able to manage multiple activities and prioritize
- Strong Leadership Skills to effectively manage cross functional teams
- People development
- Ability to Manage diverse resources