SAP Business Analyst
Since 1972, Bethyl Laboratories, Inc. has provided antibody products and services to academic and clinical researchers around the world who study various types of human disease. Bethyl’s core purpose is to improve lives by supporting scientific discovery. We do this by providing top quality research antibodies and exemplary technical support to our customers. All of our antibodies are produced and purified at our sole facility in Montgomery, Texas.
Success RESTs on our commitment to Bethyl’s Core Values which ALL employees must exhibit.
- Respect: Respect for the company, coworkers and oneself
- Excellence: A commitment to high standards of quality products, science, workmanship and customer care.
- Stewardship: A commitment to protect that with which we are entrusted;. The company reputation, resources, equipment and most importantly our animals.
- Teamwork: A commitment to the understanding that pleasant communication, collaboration and cooperation across the company is critical.
The SAP Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing current data management practices throughout the company. The individual in this role will communicate and carry out plans for improving and/or building programs to accomplish data management goals of the company. SAP will be utilized as the core program and legacy programs will be migrated to SAP when possible. Where SAP falls short, the SAP B.A. will lead the development of other programs that will communicate seamlessly with SAP.
- Analyze current data management practices throughout company. Work with company leadership to understand business goals tied to data management. Apply that understanding when developing a data management improvement plan.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather requirements and gain understanding of desired end results.
- Determine where improvements can be made and develop a recommended plan of action including setting priorities, creating timelines and budgets.
- Design and implement or improve SAP programs that will satisfy the needs of the company. Must be familiar with systems development applications and be able to run tests on all systems changes to ensure the successful integration of new software and programming and to make any modifications as necessary.
- Migrate data from legacy systems into SAP providing improved functionality and stability.
- Ensure business processes are adopted to SAP best practices.
- Advise when additional help is needed for coding and development.
- Work with a company’s IT personnel to troubleshoot any problems with SAP programs and offer technical solutions.
- Provide training to end users.
- Utilize SAP consultants and programmers for other programming languages and platforms when needed in order to reach the goal of having a fully developed and integrated system.
- Must have a high level of problem solving and leadership skills.
- Detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills who can work with IT professionals, managers and consultants to reach a shared goal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Understands SAP modules SD, MM, PP and FICO.
- Possesses knowledge of software testing procedures.
- Able to write functional specifications and prepare training materials and programs.
- Project management, including scheduling and cost management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access). Knowledge of VBA is a plus.
- College degree in a relevant field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in SAP Modules SD, MM, PP, and FICO.
- Must have experience in Life Science and/or Biotechnology.
- Must have conceptual understanding and working knowledge of Information System technologies and methodologies.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical way.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.