Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Micro Optics Engineering Supervisor.
Major responsibilities where applicable
- Ensure all company procedures, policies and safety rules are followed.
- Identify areas of opportunity and improve processes through robust use of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma concepts, develop procedures, recommend tool changes on new and existing tools and fixtures, etc., to ensure the proper Department operation.
- Coordinate logistics and equipment selection for the production on new products, increased capacity requirements, and maintaining up-to-date technology through the Department.
- Oversee installation and initial use of new equipment, to insure proper use, operation and integration into the department with a sustainable capable process.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems, develop specifications, formulate plans, estimates and other required engineering data to effectively address process issues through the approval of the Engineering and Manufacturing Manager.
- Develop workmanship standards, root cause analyses, corrective and preventive actions and continuous improvement procedures.
- Ensure processes have acceptable capability levels.
- Support Test Equipment platform at the Plant through MSI Group.
- Suport Plant Engineering Systems such as FWD.
- Be accountable for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Ability to lead Multi-Cultural Projects/Meetings.
- Responsible for Yield Monitoring and propose actions for Continuous Improvement.
Promote team work.
A. Education level.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field. Preference BS in Physics & Masters in Optics.
B. Years of Experience.
- 5 – 7 years of manufacturing experience or research, with success leading Engineering Projects.
- Demonstrate PC skills using software packages (Microsoft Office, MiniTab, CAD Design Software, Visual Basic, C++)
C. Technical Skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently in a dynamic business/manufacturing environment.
- Priority setting, and identifying and achieving objectives.
- Desired Programming Skills (PLC, Microcontrollers, etc)
- Project Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Presentation Skills at all levels
- Green Belt Certified
- Fully Bilingual in English
4. Extraordinary Activities.
A. Contribute and participate in Internal and External Audits and demonstrating good results:
Some examples of Audits are: ISO, TL, AME, 5’s, Safety, Sarbox, among others.
Pay Grade: Grade C (C)
Employee Referral Amount: $0.00