Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Maintain and troubleshoot enclosure and environment to support normal production and experiment.
- Work with process engineer to maintain process environment, include humidity and cleanness of environment.
- Support Quality, Production, IT and Customer engineering about enclosure/environment issue.
- Provide relevant environment/enclosure training to shop floor people.
- Provides day-to-day problem solving support to production and development.
- Lead developments and propose engineering programs in enclosure/environment that can improve or enhance the current process capabilities.
- Functions as a team member on focused projects in Corning
- Provide trouble shoots to enclosure equipment issues, identifies root cause and providing corrective actions with collaboration with Facility department.
- Supports new technology migration through equipment installation, process optimization and documentations.
- Assist on data analysis for key decision of process engineering activities (experiment, development, etc.)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree above, major in refrigerator/air conditioning engineering or related engineering area
- 2 years’ work experience preferred
- Familiar with air conditioning or air flow control, clean room control, control/electrical system components.
- Basic facility electrical/ control components concepts
- Can work independently by self and also work well within team.
- Understand mechanical or electronic knowledge
- Understand statistic knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Computer hardware/software installation and operation system.
- Familiar with data collection and analysis.
- Technical curiosity.
- Strong process management skills.
- Project management skill
- Understanding of equipment mechanical and control concept
- Experience in implementing DMAIC methodology or leading 6-sigma project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Technical writing, ability to deliver technical presentations to operators, engineers and managers.
- Strong ownership of achieving plant goal
- Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity
- Customer Focus
- Communication skill and positive working attitude in team
- Safety Awareness