Developer – Shift
Shift – Victoria, British Columbia
Shift is a fast-growing productivity app built by a passionate team of engineers, product enthusiasts, and marketers at Redbrick. We are building the desktop work-space of the future—Shift unifies all of your favorite apps, extensions, and email accounts in one beautiful place. We are on a mission to make the world a more productive place, and we’re thrilled to add fresh talent and exciting new ideas to our fun and collaborative team.
We are looking for an Intermediate Full-Stack Developer with a true passion for their craft. As the ideal candidate, you understand that your job is about more than just writing great code. It’s about delivering an excellent product and experience that our users will love. In collaboration with our team, you will be building and maintaining the workstation of the future for thousands of customers around the globe. You are a core part of our founding team, and the idea of growing with us excites you.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience with JS frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue.js
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web-technology
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with version control systems and code review
- Passion for writing quality code that is maintainable
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
What makes you a top candidate:
- Experience with Electron or other desktop software development
- Experience with REST APIs and authentication
- Experience with automated testing
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Education is preferred; however, we will consider any candidate that has the ability to be successful in this role.
We offer lots of perks, here are a few:
- Downtown location
- Healthy snacks
- Fitness stipend
- Standard extended benefits
- RRSP program
- MSP coverage for you and your family
- Training budget
- Monthly Beer Fridays
- Ping Pong
- Lots of socials that include activities like kayaking, the Escape Room, and axe throwing.
- Being part of a passionate and fast-growing team!
Let us know why you’d be a great addition to our team. Along with your resume and cover letter, please include links to your public GitHub repos and/or any work you would like to share with us. We would love to see what you have built!
We thank all applicants for applying and look forward to connecting with you!
Source: Developer – Shift