Closing date is 22 April 2019
VACANCY: LECTURER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA
The University of Malaya is seeking to hire outstanding INTERNATIONAL talents to join our research-intensive University in our pursuit towards achieving academic and research excellence.
Interested candidates must have a strong background in teaching and research, as well as a proven track record in quality assured research publications. He/She will ideally demonstrate capacity for independent research and be able to make significant contribution to the Department appointed to, in terms of curriculum development and fostering industrial/academic collaboration.
At CEBAR, we are looking for a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in the field of System Biology to join a group of molecular biologists and biotechnolgists with the aim of integrative genome analysis across different types of data including genome, transcriptome, epigenome, proteome and metabolome. The candidate will also be expected to support current research groups in the Centre for Research in Biotechnology for Agriculture (CEBAR) University of Malaya in the area of big data driven research with state-of-the-art information technology solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership for the advancement of system biology.
As a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor at CEBAR, University of Malaya you will:
- Develop a research programme on cutting edge genome analysis that bridges between disciplines and data types;
- Develop methods and infrastructure for reproducible, secure, and efficient high-throughput NGS analysis;
- Support the research of CEBAR with state-of-the-art genome analysis
The role of the candidate will also include:
- Teaching and curriculum development;
- Research work in area of expertise;
- Publication of full-length articles in recognised journals;
- Conducting seminars/ lectures/ workshops related to field of expertise;
- Supervision of postgraduate students; and
- Securing research grants.
MODE OF APPOINTMENT:
Contract for two (2) years initially, renewable subject to performance.
- PhD in relevant field with at least4 years of relevant work experience (for *Senior Lecturer)
- Publications in international peer-reviewed journals/ISI-indexed journals
*Candidates with more experience may be considered for a senior position (Associate Professor/ Professor).
How to Apply
Application for academic position is open and accepted all year round. To qualify for consideration, applicant must hold a minimum of PhD or Clinical Master degree for position at the Faculty of Medicine or Dentistry.
Kindly complete the application form downloadable below. The appended checklist will assist you in ensuring that your application and supporting documents are complete before submitting them to the address stated on the form. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.