Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Administrative Assistant (AA) for The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. This position impacts a growing and dynamic academic department. It is a flexible position and an opportunity to work and grow in a collaborative setting with a diverse team of proven professionals. The AA works closely with Chemistry and Chemical Biology’s (CCB) Department Chair and reports to the Academic Support Services Manager. The AA performs a wide-range of administrative support activities related to CCB’s academic operations. The individual also works closely with the Vice Chairs and academic program coordinators of CCB’s graduate and undergraduate programs.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Oversees the front office reception and acts as the first point of contact for students and visitors. Direct inquiries and requests to the appropriate staff.
• Responsible for calendar management, email and other communications for the Chair and academic program staff.
• Assists in academic operations staff with responsibilities related to both CCB’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Coordinates academic program events, such as student recruitment events and award ceremonies.
• Other duties as assigned by the Chairs, academic operations staff and CCB Director.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 69,000 students and 22,500 full- and part-time faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.