HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Requisition Id : 116571
Additional Work Location(s) :
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
HARMAN has always placed great value on the design and execution of its products and services. In 2018, the three internal design groups across the 4 divisions were reorganized into a single agency-model design organization. This design organization is named “Huemen”. Huemen will continue to deliver and lead the world-class design across all of HARMAN in the disciplines of Industrial Design (ID), User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX), as well Marketing Services and Future Experiences in Auto and Home.
Huemen is looking for a Senior Art Director-UI/UX to join a new team focused on all creative efforts for the Harman portfolio of global audio brands. Which includes JBL, Harman/Kardon, and AKG. The Senior Art Director-UI/UX will be the UI/UX Design team lead, which will be responsible for designing site experiences, as well as E-com campaigns and communication elements (such as emails, web banners, etc.); Understanding user and business requirements, designing graphic elements, user experiences and other website components for clients. In addition, the Senior Art Director-UI/UX will have a focus on supporting the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our main clients E-com experience.
This role will help build and lead a UI/UX Design team with 4 direct reports. This team will be focused on servicing Harman marketing efforts and elevating the marketing services offering within Huemen.
- Lead a team for 4 direct reports that are focused on servicing and elevating the marketing services team’s offering within Huemem.
- Inspire and motivate the UI/UX team to develop breakthrough and compelling creative experiences.
- Develops breakthrough, culturally relevant visuals for creative campaigns and for general branding in web, mobile, social, and for company presentations.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Marketing Services to create the visual expression for all brand campaigns and creative initiatives.
- Develop and maintain visual tone, consistency, and quality across all internal and consumer facing communications.
- Develop and maintain web guidelines for a variety of brands and initiatives.
- Balance short-term web design needs with vision into the future.
- Spend time exploring ideas on how we can improve our clients e-com experience over the long term.
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature.
- Successfully translate concepts and ideas into visuals for web, social, video, and promotions; able to demonstrate effective work in multiple formats including but not limited to mobile applications, social media applications, rich format advertising, standard format advertising, websites/microsites, emails, and retail applications.
- Work with other designers, user experience architects, and Marketers to achieve the vision (a flexible attitude to collaboration is essential).
- Adopt responsibility for agency-wide initiatives.
- This role will be measured on:
- Strength and delivery f creative content
- Prject delivery on time and on budget
- Team and prject leadership
Must demonstrate a proven track record of leading UI/UX teams in an agency or corporate setting across large campaigns and initiatives. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that demonstrate influence and diplomacy; strategic thinking in social media and marketing is preferred. Must have finesse and emotional intelligence to engage clients, listen carefully, and have reasoned and persuasive answers.
- 12+ years creative agency experience.
- Minimum of 4 year as a UI/UX director or equivalent level managing and directing creative staff, internally & across different disciplines
- Strong strategic and ideation/conceptual abilities—demonstrated ability to translate client message into effective communications across digital properties
- Superior presentation skills with the ability to persuade and inform, while maintaining agency standards and strategic point-of-view
- Ability to recognize, develop and enhance concepts developed by staff and directs their translation across all web channels
- Large brand experience in CPG category preferred
- Should be aware of the mobile landscape and stay current on the rapid changes in social media and communications technology
- Must be industry aware: current events, trends, and general advertising culture
- Self-motivated, well organized, and up to challenges of ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Fluent verbal and written English essential; other languages desirable.
- Experience from a client service organization
- Consumer electronics industry experience
- A design focused degree is a plus.
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Domestic and Global travel (5-10%)
- Employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)