Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
We’re looking for a Senior Back-end Engineer to join our team. You should be able to break down complex problems, and design elegant, easy-to-maintain solutions that are resilient and robust. You should be comfortable working in an existing codebase and have the judgment to make necessary changes to existing code while managing risk. You should also have the ability to gather requirements from business managers, gain insight into business processes, and communicate ideas clearly to team members in order to support multi-person projects. Candidate must work in our Las Vegas office.
- At least five years experience creating web applications using an MVC framework
- Back-end MVC framework, preferably Flask
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience working with noSQL databases, preferably MongoDB.
- RESTful API design
- Test Driven Development
- Source control, preferably git
- Experience with Docker
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Linux command line
- Regular Expressions
- Server admin/configuration especially Nginx, Google Cloud, K8
- Microservice architecture
What is Python?
Python is one of those rare languages which can claim to be both simple and powerful. You will find yourself pleasantly surprised to see how easy it is to concentrate on the solution to the problem rather than the syntax and structure of the language you are programming in. The official introduction to Python is: