We are seeking an outstanding engineer to join Mozilla’s Data & Analytics team in building trusted data management, data tools and data analytics services. You are someone who can own, evaluate and mature our data services as a whole, bringing robust, secure and scalable solutions to Mozilla. You enjoy solving complex problems, making data more accessible and delivering high-quality services. You are passionate about learning and innovation, love to experiment to find the best way to tackle customers’ problems. You will evaluate the needs of a business and develop systems that meet those needs.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design, build, optimize, test, deliver, deploy, monitor, and debug Data platform and applications.
- Analyzing performance problems in Firefox to identify areas that need improvement.
- Present and communicate complex analytical data and results to varying audiences with a keen understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and maintain security requirements in partnership with InfoSec.
Your Professional Profile
- 3-5 years experience with Python and Python frameworks
- Knowledge of soap/rest APIs
- Knowledge of serverless architecture
- Hands-on GCP experience
- Working experience with containers (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of RDBM, SQL
- Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, Kafka experience is a plus
- Security and Data governance knowledge
- DevOps skills is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Great team player!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Just call us Mozillians
We are a proudly non-profit organization driven by a culture of openness and collaboration. It’s a value we hold strong and it’s how we work together, day in and day out.
When you join Mozilla, you’re becoming part of a global community that’s helping to build a brighter future for the Web — and for everyone.