Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Laboratory Technician, for the Director’s Office – Research Department at the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Under direction, performs and assists with technical laboratory procedures and analyses in support of specialized research activities of the laboratory. Assists in the set-up, and conducting of experiments as required. Performs other related laboratory duties as required.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Responsible for executing laboratory experiments outlined by the Director, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey or a member of laboratory team.
• Performs cell culture, western blot, qPCR, immunofluorescence staining and confocal imaging, tissue sectioning and staining, mice breeding and genotyping.
• Assists in design and execution of experiments.
• Maintains laboratory notebooks.
• Assists in the preparation and submission of grants and manuscripts.
• Assists with routine laboratory projects as directed.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 69,000 students and 22,500 full- and part-time faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.