HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Requisition Id : 117088
Additional Work Location(s) :
Candidate shall be primarily responsible for automotive infotainment customer requirements engineering, defect tracking & change management with role encompassing requirements elicitation, analysis, stake holder negotiation, documentation in DOORS & active customer defect and change management. The role will have a direct customer facing responsibility with limited amout of travel on need basis.
Candidate shall be automotive electronics professional with about 8~10 years experience out of which minimum 4~5 years should be relevant infotainment experience (Media, Tuner, Bluetooth/WiFi connectivity, Projection modes, Navigation, Audio, HMI etc).
Knowledge of DOORS tool and hands on experience is mandatory
Candidate shall be familiar with automotive infotainment development life cycle and shall have exposure to typical infotainment requirements mainly related to Software. Exposure to Mechanical, Hardware, Hardware Qualification and Manufacturing Process requirements will be bonus and will carry added weight.
Candidate shall possess excellent communication and inter personal skills on discussing and negotiation with all stake holders, internal as well as external. Candidate shall demonstrate meticulous eye for detail in maintaining documents and versions
The role is primarily individual contributor role in capacity of Requirements Lead.
However for candidates with prior professional requirement engineering experience a supervisory role with 1 or 2 member reporting team may be considered based on business needs.
- Responsible as the first and single point contact for customer regarding requirements issues
- Responsible for creating and maintaining DOORS structure for the project
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining the customer (internal and external) requirements into DOORS and in the Master Requirements Document Tools
- Responsible for customer requirement analysis in DOORS and maintaining open item list for discussions with customer
- Responsible to maintain version history of all customer requirement documents and changes
- Responsible to map customer requirements to functional feature list which aids development team to plan the delivery schedule
- Responsible for monitoring Functional Owners for completeness of the detailed breakdown Technical Requirement Specification (TRS) and mapping to Customer Requirements Specifications (CRS) in DOORS
- Responsible for tracking of completion of requirements analysis process and reporting of weekly status to project management
- Responsible for training Harman Domain Functional Owners on the use of DOORS
- Perform impact analysis for Customer Change Requests
- Responsible for generating Change Request documentation for approval by the customer in lieu of updated customer requirements describing the change
- Responsible to representation company in process Audits and Assessments
- Responsible to host regular weekly meeting for internal and external customers to answer open questions
- Setting up respective link modules, creating all necessary linksets in DOORS
- Ensure Traceability – Responsible for monitoring the Functional Owners for completeness of the TRS and mapping of the CRS
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Exposure to requirement management OR development of at least one automotive electronic control unit product, preferably Infotainment is mandatory
- Candidate should have engineering qualification, preferably Software engineering with exposure to infotainment domains such as HMI, Media, Tuner, Navigation, Smartphone Projection Modes, Audio, Video etc.
- Familiarity with experience with Requirements and Change management process is mandatory
- Familiarity and hands on experience with DOORS tool is mandatory
- Candidate shall have familiarity and past experience, preferably in software development with defect tracking and analysis
- Exposure to other requirement management in other engineering domains such as Mechanical, Hardware and Hardware qualification is nice to have but Not mandatory
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- 4Years Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer, Electronic or Electrical Engineering is required
- Prior experience as requirement engineer with customer facing role will have additional weight
- Certifications in requirement management process and tools are highly desired but will carry additional weight
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to travel locally on need basis (10%)
- Willingness to work in an office 100%
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Industry certifications in requirement engineering or requirement process or PMI PMP certifications are highly desired
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)