Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Senior Receptionist/Switchboard Operator-Per Diem for Acute Services at Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care.
The Senior Receptionist/Switchboard Operator serves as the main receptionist for the building and provides general office clerical support in addition to ensuring that all individuals entering the building display proper identification.
• Advises staff of visitors and patients arrivals and facilitates adherence to schedule of appointments.
• Handles telephone calls in a professional and helpful manner.
• Monitors the waiting area to ensure the comfort and safety of visitors.
• Provides accurate information in regard to directions as well as building facility information to visitors.
• Issues temporary passes to visitors.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 69,000 students and 22,500 full- and part-time faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.