Mozilla’s Firefox Operations Security Team is looking for a Security Engineer to increase the security of our Firefox services, particularly our upcoming billing and subscription services. You’ll need strong web application security skills, experience implementing cloud services and preferably payment systems, and a deep understanding of DevOps and modern web infrastructure. You’ll be hardening our environments by working closely with the teams responsible for engineering and hosting backend services for Firefox. You will be expected to provide hands-on technical engineering of our ever-growing services and application environments.
Most importantly, you will become a core member of the team responsible for protecting Firefox, and keeping Mozilla’s users safe on the Internet.
As a security engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Perform security reviews and audits of new and existing services
- Lead the adoption of modern authentication, authorization and cryptographic techniques
- Develop and implement a strategy to detect payment fraud and subscriptions abuse
- Automate security testing and auditing to prevent regressions and catch issues before they reach production
- Work with developers and operators across the organization to keep the Firefox backend infrastructure safe
Your Professional Profile
- You have proven cloud services security knowledge, from high level architectural concepts down to the implementation
- You have fortified cloud infrastructure, built security at all levels of the stack, defined security perimeters, implemented cryptographic algorithms, access controls, account management, etc
- You’re very familiar with authentication protocols such as oauth2 and openid connect
- You’re comfortable working in both software engineering and operational teams, and have a good understanding of Agile and DevOps principles.
- You love automating yourself out of a job
- A B.S. in Computer Science would be lovely, but real-world experience is preferred
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Just call us Mozillians
We are a proudly non-profit organization driven by a culture of openness and collaboration. It’s a value we hold strong and it’s how we work together, day in and day out.
When you join Mozilla, you’re becoming part of a global community that’s helping to build a brighter future for the Web — and for everyone.