HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Requisition Id : 117546
Additional Work Location(s) :
Cost Engineer / Die Casting Expert
The Mechanical Systems Cost Engineer position will report into the Global HARMAN Best Cost Analytics Director and will be responsible for the development of “should cost” models and the realization of Best Cost of HARMAN’s products at suppliers. The developed cost models will establish Design-to-Cost targets that will be utilized by HARMAN teams including Engineering and Procurement.
- Utilize internal and external databases to build cost models for Die Casting components
- Drive and own cost reduction activities (planned negotiation sessions)
- Ensure best cost of HARMAN’s products by supporting Procurement during negotiations and by the improvement of the production process
- Define the HARMAN “best practice” cost reference for the plastic components used in HARMAN’s Automotive and Consumer products (displays, telematics control units, audio systems)
- Analyze Supplier cost breakdowns and understand all cost drivers
- Develop close technical relationships with suppliers to identify best cost solutions
- Work with HARMAN’s Engineering & Product Sourcing teams during the whole product lifecycle
- Utilize cost models and associated data to train HARMAN teams on Design-to-Cost best practices
- Preferably Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Financial Degree with die-casting process knowledge
- Experience with foundry processes (Light metal casting)
- Experience with Secondary processes – Cleaning, packaging, inspection, trimming, CNC machining, powder coating, painting
- Minimum 3-5 year of experience in either: Advanced manufacturing engineering OR Process engineering, OR Cost engineering, OR VA/VE of mechanical components and systems
- Experience in multi-national negotiation cycles
- Advanced English (Mandarin is a plus)
- Be a part of an international team working with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Career development opportunities
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL®, AKG®, HARMAN Kardon®) products
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)