HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Requisition Id : 117117
Additional Work Location(s) :
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results–driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
This position is focused within HARMAN Automotive. The Electronics Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Process Engineer to support local and remote Electronics process/equipment activities. This position will have strong influence on Harman's OEM Electronics Advanced Manufacturing Engineering initiatives; supported through frequent interactions with regional and local colleagues to deliver on AME prototype and plant process/equipment launch requirements.
- As a part of the supervisory responsibilities, if there is not an employee to attend the process, the direct boss will have to attend the process or assign the activities to another employee (with equal qualifications).
- Using Harman´s AME Standard Operating Procedures, ensure pilot Design Validation activities meet the Product Lifecycle Management milestone objectives.
- Work closely with AME assembly and process engineers to launch, test and validate new tools, machines and processes in Queretaro plant.
- Work on Manufacturing RFQ for new electronics product designs. Prepare process, tooling, and equipment cost quotes and justify project cost.
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects. Work closely with the Product Engineering team to ensure that new product design for manufacturing per Harman process specifications.
- Work with cross-functional team to close any open Design Validation issues prior to the transfer of launch information to the manufacturing plant.
- Support manufacturing launch team on daily activities during Process Validation (PV) phase.
- Using robust Design of Experiments, develop new and additional high-volume manufacturing capabilities with outside integrators from concept through successful operation.
- Work with all engineering disciplines and manufacturing to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Initiate design changes for value engineering.
- Integrity, Innovation, Inclusion, Excellence, Teamwork & Respect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electronic Engineering, with 5~10 years of experience in manufacturing areas as Process Engineer.
- Intermediate English level 70% (reading and writing that allows fluid presentations).
- Thorough knowledge of machine design concepts.
- Machine runoff and statistical analysis (gage R&R, etc.) experience.
- Should be able to create process documentation and work instructions (VJIs).
- Project finance knowledge/capital budgets and request for appropriations.
- Project management of timelines and budgets.
- Skill development Wave solder processes, tooling development.
- Skill development Selective Solder processes, tooling development.
- Skill development Conformal Coating processes, tooling development.
- Depth Knowledge Fluxes, Solder Alloys, conformal coatings, reliability solder studies
- Leadership, Change Orientation, Collaboration, Judgment, Result Driven.
- Demonstrated success in leading a global team.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously without compromising delivery dates.
- Ability to communicate with other users in a professional, courtesy manner.
- Interpersonal Skills and Advanced ability to transfer knowledge.
- Experience in Automotive Industry.
- Green Belt.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Auto CAD, Minitab and Statistical software’s.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The employee has the authority granted by the company through this document to make decisions for the benefit of the company and to ensure the conformity of the product, its quality, functionality, and safety of the person who intervenes in the process.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)