HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Additional Work Location(s) :
Harman Layout Design Engineers are responsible for the circuit layout development. In this position it will be a possibility to research and develop new ideas and prototypes, upgrade the actual designs and redesign the PCBs. The layouter's responsibility is communicating with the PCB manufacturer and making recommendation for the final solution.
- Design multi-layer printed circuit boards (focus on proper layout definition) incorporating the latest fabrication and assembly standards with main focus on RF and EMC compliance design
- Build layout design rule definition and maintenance
- Collaborate with RF, electrical, mechanical, test and manufacturing engineers for a functional, cost effective layout
- Develop, check and release full PCBA documentation packages
- Assembly of functional prototype PCBA’s by hand placing and hand and/or vapor phase soldering
- Operate simple DC, AC, EMC and RF measurements per instructions
- Close cooperation with internal and external development teams and suppliers
- Take part in prototype builds and evaluations
- Participate on design reviews
- Meets the individual target settings and helps to fulfill the target setting of the Hardware Design group
- Works and participates in a product team environment, supporting other team functions: software, mechanical, process, test, and quality engineering and works with vendors to guide the manufacture of devices to fulfill the specified requirements, to reduce cost, enhance performance, or all of them
- Plan and execute tasks defined by product redesign, development and implementation project plans
- This position requires Msc or Bsc Degree in Electrical engineering, plus 3 to 5 years of experience in product development.
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics or similar electronic hardware development environment
- Hands-on experience with RF measurement devices like spectrum analyzer, signal generator, vector network analyzer
- Knowledge of RF and low noise circuit PCBA realization
- Knowledge about MS Windows / Office focal point Excel and Word
- Ability to identify and describe electrical and mechanical problems on functional prototypes and to communicate them to the responsible engineer within R&D
- Understand how to layout RF, analog, digital and power supply circuits
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics, symbols and functions
- Ability to create dimensioned drawings, PCB production data’s and PCBA documentations
- Familiar with PCB layout CAD tools
- Solid knowledge of analogue and digital AF/RF electronics
- Willingness to work in an office in Budapest
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion