HARMAN’s legendary portfolio of brands, talented people, and diverse global resources combine to bring more than 60 years of leading-edge innovation and quality to the widest range of audio and infotainment solutions in the industry. HARMAN’s customers include the top names in entertainment, automotive and venue design – linked by a common passion for high-fidelity sound and connected experiences.
Why Apply for Manufacturing Jobs with HARMAN?
At HARMAN, we like to be recognized as best-in-class. Our leaders confront issues head-on with action and speed. Achieving results is the priority in everything we do. We establish aggressive goals and strive to exceed them to encourage breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
If you possess the necessary passion, drive and integrity to help us meet our goals, apply for a Manufacturing job with HARMAN today.
Not ready to apply? Subscribe to our Talent Community below and we will email you as new jobs are added.
Additional Work Location(s) :
Assigned to support the Design Team in the development of new products packaging, through Harman’s New Product Introduction (NPI) process. Develops design and or feasibility studies to support the NPI teams regarding packaging specification, quality and reliability. Supports customer testing to observe consumer behaviors and help to mitigate present and future project risks.
- Responsible for developing new packaging and improving existing packaging for a variety of products in whole NPI process.
- Submit packaging solutions to meet or improve safety, customer satisfaction, costs, quality, and environmental footprint.
- Play a major role in strategic decisions such as standardizing packaging spec & BOM & assembly across all business teams and deploying sustainable packaging strategy throughout HM ODM supply chain network.
- Lead or manage multiple projects on packaging details while participating in cross functional working groups, supporting key technology development for packaging design, spec, quality & reliability, assembly, warehouse, transportation and printing
- Proficient in the use of software such as AutoCAD and Illustrator, with the ability of review and editing packaging dieline & artwork files.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English, including technical documentation using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Knowledge of common manufacturing methods and “best practices” involving packaging, soft pouch and hard case.
- Knowledge and experience with packaging structure practices, including forms of 3D printing and post processes such as finishing, die-cutting, handwork, assembly.
- BSME, or equivalent, with 5+ years of packaging engineering. Lifestyle audio packaging experience would be preferred.
- Honest, with the ability to accurately report both good and bad news
- Ability to work diligently in order to meet a schedule
- Innovative and willing to take calculated risks
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to advise or mentor members of the design team
- Able to work with aggressive goals on multiple programs
- Ability to work closely and effectively amongst members of a design team
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.