NinthDecimal is the omni-channel marketing platform powered by location data. We’re building a precise understanding of consumer behavior by connecting their digital and physical lives, helping marketers solve some of their biggest market opportunities. Our unique understanding of today’s consumer is built on a strong legacy of innovation and a customer intelligence platform that has been market tested by the world’s leading brands.
NinthDecimal provides audience data, activation solutions, measurement, and insights across all media, empowering marketers to succeed in today’s omni-channel and data-driven world.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer that will focus on enhancing a data driven business NinthDecimal. As a Platform Engineer, you should be a quick learner, enthusiastic about learning new technologies. You will implement technical solutions to empower internal/external customers and scale the existing platform. You will work closely with business owners to develop and define key business questions, then work with Data Scientist to build the data sets that answer those questions. You will work with huge data sets and build ETLs and analytic platform to bring datasets together to answer business questions, reporting and drive growth. This job is in our Chicago office.
The responsibilities for this position include these activities:
* Design and implementation of the data driven initiatives at NinthDecimal such as Big Data analytics application development and architecture using Spark, Hadoop
* Understanding business requirements and converting them to technical solutions. Create ETLs to take data from various upper stream locations and create a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting.
* Collaborates with Data Scientist team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
* Collaborate with Devops and Operation team to setup highly distribute, large scale and high performance platform systems
* Collaborate with other Backend engineers to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data algorithms
* Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to Product Owners
* Background in SQL
* Strong coding skills in Java, Python
* Experiences in Scala strong plus
* Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive.
* Experience in dealing with hundreds of Tetabytes of data strong plus
* Experience with building and optimizing large scale and high performance systems
* Knowledge in Mesos, Yarn, Kubernetes, Docker, Airflow, Luigi
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
* Familiarity with the digital media / advertising industry is a big plus