We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our talented engineering team. You will work with a team of highly skilled developers and designers to build world-class products for our clients. As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical and career leadership to a small team of Android engineers.
What We’re Looking For
– You have 5+ years of Android development experience with 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
– You have experience leading a team of software engineers
– You have experience at building relationships across teams
– You have at least one app in the Google Play Store you can tell us about
– You’re obsessed with the user experience and understand how to bring a design to life without compromising fidelity
– You’re passionate about ensuring high performance and responsiveness of applications because it leads to the best user experience
– You love to collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship
– Good understanding of software development best practices with experience working in an agile environment
– You think that having your code reviewed and reviewing others code is key part of developing software to the highest quality
The Must-have Technical Skills
– Built apps in Java and Kotlin
– Strong git & GitHub skills
– Up-to-date with the latest and greatest Android patterns and best practices
– Vast knowledge of the Android API, e.g.: activities, fragments, services
– Understanding of the differences between versions of Android SDKs
– You have experimented with various architectural patterns (MV*, Reactive, Clean) and are comfortable explaining the pros and cons of each.
– Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code; solid understanding of process and thread model in Android applications, e.g.: AsyncTask, RxJava, Coroutines
– Deep working knowledge of Google’s Material Design
– Extensive experience with Continuous integration, unit testing and build processes
– Previous agency experience
– You have experience working as a part of a large engineering team
If you have a Github profile or similar, we’d love to see it.
Remote candidates within +/- 3 hours of the Pacific timezone are welcome to apply.