JOB DESCRIPTION — Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Reports To: Senior Director of Product Strategy
Sub Rosa is a strategy and design practice headquartered in New York’s West Village. We create strategies and solutions that empower leaders and evolve organizations. Our work is grounded in Applied Empathy, a methodology created by Sub Rosa that brings insights and action together to drive change.
Sub Rosa’s innovation group is developing a high impact solution that will analyze millions of data points to provide a comprehensive analysis on audience behaviors. From unstructured text, images, and documents from multiple data sources, the Sub Rosa innovation team is working to deliver a solution using the full range of Machine Learning (ML) techniques including but not limited to supervised learning, computer vision, deep learning and online learning.
Sub Rosa is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with an academic or practical background in machine learning, ideally with experience in algorithm design and selection, natural language processing (NLP), and unsupervised clustering algorithms.
Sub Rosa’s Innovation Group hosts a team of creative, tenacious, and extremely bright individuals tasked with building a one of a kind solution that pushes the boundaries of existing AI based technologies. If you’re looking for a challenge and are desirous to buck the status quo, come join our team.
* You will work with the team to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems
* You will build delightful products and experiences for Fortune 1000 clients, while working alongside an excellent, multi-functional, collaborative team across Engineering, Product and Design
* You will help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Sub Rosa
* BS and/or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field involving Machine Learning, or equivalent technical experience
* 5+ years of experience building machine learning or AI systems
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong programming skills in Python or equivalent
* Experience with machine learning software packages (e.g. scikit-learn, Weka, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch)
* Experience in algorithm design, selection and verification
* Experience with unsupervised clustering algorithms (e.g. agglomerative hierarchical clustering, k-means clustering, DBSCAN, autoencoders, etc.)
* Preference in working in a collaborative team environment
* PhD/Doctorate in Computer Science or related field with research in machine learning
* Experience with natural language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG), especially with unstructured text
If interested, please provide an up to date resume and link to your GitHub or equivalent account for review.
All candidates that apply are requested to take a mandatory HackerRank test online and provide up to two references.