Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Pharmacist – Per Diem for the Department of Pharmacy, Acute Services Division of Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care.
The Pharmacist performs a variety of professional and technical functions for the hospital-wide unit dose drug distribution system. Responsible for reviewing physician orders and prescriptions, maintaining confidential reports, entering and retrieving data utilizing the computer system, responding to requests for drug information, checking technician work and delivering medication to the appropriate units as necessary.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Accurately profiles medication orders into the pharmacy information system.
• Fills patient medication envelopes with the correct medication from computer labels, prior to each scheduled delivery.
• Restocks nursing units with a limited supply of floor stock medications and supplies.
• Prepackages and labels medications into unit doses from bulk supply.
• Reorders pharmacy supplies from approved vendor.
• Assists in the performance of ongoing quality assurance to assess the operation of the department.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 69,000 students and 22,500 full- and part-time faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.