Remote, Americas or Western Europe
Are you interested in developing software that is at the core of Ubuntu in the cloud? Do you have a passion to work with a community of users on open-source software? Then we would love to have you join our software development team.
This role is on the Ubuntu Server team working on three of our open-source and Python-based projects: cloud-init , curtin , and Ubuntu Advantage Tools . You would work on a 100% remote team developing new features for customers and cloud partners, debug and fix bugs, and interact with our open-source communities.
- Python development and tools experience
- Linux distribution development and tools experience
- Involvement in open source projects in the past a plus
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field
- Ability to travel 2-4 times a year
What is Python?
Python is one of those rare languages which can claim to be both simple and powerful. You will find yourself pleasantly surprised to see how easy it is to concentrate on the solution to the problem rather than the syntax and structure of the language you are programming in. The official introduction to Python is: